He lives on the exterior garden wall of the Palazzo Cavalli-Franchetti, at the foot of the Accademia bridge (on the Campo Santo Stefano side of the Grand Canal).
Photo by Capturing Venice
The Palazzo Cavalli-Franchetti was originally built in 1565, and was extensively improved during the 19th century. Amongst its 19th century owners was Archduke Frederick Ferdinand of Austria, who wanted to give it a more prominent Habsburg presence along the Grand Canal. The archduke died prematurely in 1847 (and was unmarried) and the palazzo was bought by Henri, Comte de Chambord. In 1878, it changed hands again and its new owner, Baron Raimondo Franchetti commissioned further works by architect Camillo Boito who built the grand staircase.
Since 1999, the building has housed the Istituto Veneto di Scienze, Lettere e Arti which hosts regular cultural events.