Welcome!

Venice has 'captured' the heart, mind and imagination of so many writers, poets, artists and historians. Venice is one of my favourite subjects in art, literature and history, and I am always eager to learn more and look more at this unique and special place. This Venice blog is my way of collecting the wealth of images, poems, prose and impressions of Venice.

Friday 8 August 2014

View from the Accademia bridge

Whenever I stand on the Accademia bridge, the first object that my eye will seek out is the dear, familiar, flat roofline of the Palazzo Venier dei Leoni, the 'unfinished palazzo' and home of my beloved Peggy Guggenheim Collection.

Once I've had my fill, I'll let my attention wander to the graceful dome of the Basilica della Salute and the Dogana del Mar beyond.

And finally, I'll notice the brightly coloured patterns of the typically Venetian mooring posts.


View from the Accademia bridge capturingvenice.blogspot.com
View from the Accademia bridge



No comments:

Post a Comment