Welcome!

Venice has 'captured' the heart, mind and imagination of so many writers, poets, artists and historians. Venice is one of my favourite subjects in art, literature and history, and I am always eager to learn more and look more at this unique and special place. This Venice blog is my way of collecting the wealth of images, poems, prose and impressions of Venice.

Friday 3 October 2014

Corte Veniera, Castello near San Zanipolo

When I was last in Venice, I was trying to document all the places where I walked with as many photos as possible, including of the related nizioletti - so called 'little sheets' of white labels painted with street names and framed by a thick black border.

On my first morning, I walked from my accommodation at Alloggi Barbaria (you can read Fausto's terrific blog here) to nearby Campo San Zanipolo to the Rosa Salva bar for a warm pastry and excellent coffee and then explored the Corte Veniera nearby.  


Corte Veniera, Castello capturingvenice.blogspot.com
Entry to Corte Veniera, Castello
Here's a glimpse of the Corte Veniera - it ends in a canal and has its own covered well-head.  


Corte Veniera, Castello capturingvenice.blogspot.com
Corte Veniera, Castello

Corte Veniera, Castello capturingvenice.blogspot.com
Corte Veniera, Castello

2 comments:

  1. That area, as so much of Venice, is captivating. I'm glad you stayed at Fausto's B&B! He is such a nice person, and passionate about his city.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yvonne! I can't recommend Alloggi Barbaria highly enough. Accommodation costs are always my most expensive part of a trip, and I like knowing I'm supporting a small local business. Best, Karen

    ReplyDelete