Welcome!

Venice has 'captured' the heart, mind and imagination of so many writers, poets, artists and historians. Venice is one of my favourite subjects in art, literature and history, and I am always eager to learn more and look more at this unique and special place. This Venice blog is my way of collecting the wealth of images, poems, prose and impressions of Venice.

Friday, 29 July 2016

A corner of white marbled beauty...Scuola Grande di San Teodoro and Chiesa San Salvador, San Marco

As you walk from Campo San Bartolomeo (near the Rialto bridge), stop right here on the corner of the Salizzada San Teodoro and Calle Lovo, and stand still. 

Now look up.



Here, on your right hand side is the former Scuola Grande di San Teodoro.

And there, right in front of you, is the church of San Salvador.

Be still, my Venice loving, wildly beating heart.


1 comment:

  1. Your Italy posts have caused me to put "update passports" and "rosetta stone italian" on my birthday wishlist! I am taking notes - our 25th anniversary is in 2 years and I think something like this might fit the bill :) You and your hubs are too adorable!

    Paris to venis

    ReplyDelete