Welcome!

Venice has 'captured' the heart, mind and imagination of so many writers, poets, artists and historians. Venice is one of my favourite subjects in art, literature and history, and I am always eager to learn more and look more at this unique and special place. This Venice blog is my way of collecting the wealth of images, poems, prose and impressions of Venice.

Monday 1 October 2012

The end of the day...


Another of my favourite views of Venice...as a young graduate, I was lucky enough to be accepted into the student internship program at the Peggy Guggenheim Collection.  One of my final duties at the end of the day was to usher our visitors off the wonderful terrace overlooking the Grand Canal so that we could close the museum. 

For a few moments of every day, I'd have the terrace to myself, and this magnificent view of the Grand Canal would be mine, all mine! 

No comments:

Post a Comment