Welcome!

Venice has 'captured' the heart, mind and imagination of so many writers, poets, artists and historians. Venice is one of my favourite subjects in art, literature and history, and I am always eager to learn more and look more at this unique and special place. This Venice blog is my way of collecting the wealth of images, poems, prose and impressions of Venice.

Thursday 9 June 2016

Taking a dip

It was much warmer this April in Venice than I had expected...think gelato and cold Aperol spritz drinks and enjoying wandering the streets well past sunset to enjoy the cool of the evening.  I stopped to enjoy some Venetians taking a dip.

I prefer pigeons when they are solo or in small groups.  These two were fun to watch as they took a cool dip on a hot afternoon.  Photo (c) Capturing Venice, May 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment